Friday, March 6, 2009

The Wind and the Rain

Another oldie, I really should have posted it years ago. One of my favorite memories. I say this a lot but I really should post what I take the time to write. I have so many drafts it's not even funny. Enjoy.

Sometimes I think back to the time
When we got lost on that old country road
We didn't care where we ended up
We just kept following, never leading
Our destination made me want to stay forever
Watching the rain fall softly on that old windmill
There was something so sweet
When our eyes did meet
As the dying sun finally went away
What we felt I could not say
It was something so strange
But I knew we would never be the same
And what I like the most about that night in Amsterdam
Is the fact that it was just you and I
Whatever happens that night stays the same
No one knows what we experienced that time
No one has seen what we saw
Life may have changed since then but that day will forever remain
That day was you and I
The wind and the rain

No comments: