Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November Blue

If I weren't leaving would I catch you dreaming?

If weren't gonna be gone now could I take you home?

If I told you I loved you would it change what you see?

If I was staying, would you stay with me?

If I had money would it all look good?

If I had a job now like a good man should

If I came to you tomorrow and said let's run away

Would you roll like the wind does, baby would you stay?


My heart is dancing to a November tune

I hope that you hear it singing songs about you

I sing songs of sorrow because you're not around

See babe I'm gone tomorrow

Baby follow me down


I don't know why I have to, but this man must move on

I loved my time here, didn't know it till I was gone

November shadow shade November change

November spells sweet memory, the season blue remains

November spells sweet memory, the season blue remains


You're yellow hair is like the sunlight

However sweet it shines

Bit by the cold of December I'm warm beside your smile

Oh baby tell me I'm not leaving

You're everything I dream

I'm killing myself thinking I'm fallin like the leaves

I'm killing myself thinking I'm falling like the leaves

- Avett Brothers

No comments: