Friday, November 2, 2007

What a Waste

Well I sat down to check my blog between my classes today. I read some new posts from friends and then thought about writing a new entry. Just out of curiosity I checked for any posts that I had left unfinished to find that I have 7 drafts waiting. And I probably won't ever post them. Is that defeating the purpose of blogging? I mean this is supposed to be an outlet for me, to express my thoughts and ideas in words. But when I become self-conscious or unsatisfied with what I write, what do I do? When everything I write has the same sad, defeated tone? When the verses I write all sound like a broken record? Even if I decided that it would be worth getting these forgotten posts out in the open I no longer feel the way I did when I wrote them. It seems false, it seems unfair. But still they are there, letting me know they are not going away. I also can't bring myself to erase these pieces that I won't finish or publish, so what is the point anyway? I think to some extent I've been abusing the idea of a blog: it should be for others as much or more as it is for myself. I can keep a private journal for things that I don't wish to divulge. I shouldn't feel the need to post every thought that crosses my mind, only what I feel is pertinent for others to hear. Well it's Friday and I'm not going to let this get me down. After class I'm going to activate the satellite radio that I won from a Halloween costume contest(pictures will follow soon).

No comments: