Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wow

I think that my title really sums up my week in one word. It is debatable whether or not this was the worst week of my college career thus far. On average I got between 3 and 4 hours of sleep a night, with fairly disappointing results. I didn't finish what I had set out to and ended up withdrawing from a lab I was taking. I had two test to take and the majority of studying was done in the hour before I took them. So wow embodies the nearly sleepless, frustrating, no fun, no face time with friends part of my week. The other side of wow that fits is how much fun I had tonight. It seemed like a pretty open night with only some general plans. But I ended up going to this thing called Midnight Mania that MSU puts on. Basically it is a free event, more geared at freshman, but all welcome. There were raffles for skis and passes, free pizza and Rockstar energy drink. Games ranged from Halo 3 to inflatable toys to chess games. They had several tournaments: volleyball, poker, dunk competition, etc. The whole night was so random, the strangest yet sweetest mix of activities you could put together. I got to hang out with a bunch of my friends who, because of this last week, I feel like I haven't seen in forever. But I also got to meet some new people who were awesome. I seriously can't think of any other venue where you could be seen playing polish horseshoes, honing your hoola hoop skills, showing off your lack of coordination at DDR, and solving a Rubik's Cube for speed. I really wish more people would have taken advantage of this night, but you have to forget about being self-conscious and just get lost for a while. But seriously, I had so much fun and really had no intention of being there for about 5 hours. It was such a blast. A perfect way to end the week. Wow.

No comments: